Vegetable and Marrow Soup Recipe
A great recipe for vegetable and marrow soup that will make great use of a bumper marrow crop.
- medium sized vegetable marrow, peeled and deseeded and cubed
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- rib of celery, cut into small pieces
- small bunch of herbs
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley or chives
- 1 slice of toast to make croutons
- seasoning to taste
- Put the marrow into a saucepan with the stock, the herbs, celery and the onion.
- Boil gently for 20 minutes.
- Take out the herbs and place the soup in blender.
- Blend and return the soup to the saucepan.
- Add the milk and butter.
- Season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, sprinkle in the parsley or chives and the croutons.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Can the soup be frozen either before or after the milk is added?
#1 - Lorna - 09/12/2010 - 09:07
My marrows have frozen in the garage in this cold weather. Would it still be ok to use them in soup?
#2 - Carmen Harlow - 12/21/2010 - 08:31
Hi. How can I freeze the longmarrow Thank you Mary
#3 - Mary - 08/05/2011 - 06:50
Powered by Comment Script