Turnip Soup Recipe
A silky-smooth and surprisingly delicious turnip soup. Made from turnips, onions, potato, laced with just a little cream this soup also benefits from the subtle flavours of bay and nutmeg.
- 2oz butter
- 3 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 3/4 pints chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons cream
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add all the vegetables and fry them gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bay leaf, nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blitz in a blender.
- Return to the saucepan and reheat.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions