Turkish Coffee Recipe
A Turkish coffee is a sweet and strong coffee which is taken black and in very small quantities (similar to an espresso). The rosewater adds a very subtle taste.
- 3oz/3 heaped tablespoons fresh, strong, finely ground coffee
- 3oz/3 level tablespoons caster/superfine sugar
- a few drops of rosewater
- 1 pint water
- Put the water into a saucepan.
- Add the coffee and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and continue to boil until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Remove from the heat and allow the froth to subside.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Just before serving add 1 tablespoon of cold water to help the grounds to settle.
- Add a few drops of rosewater and serve in small cups.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 2 - 4 servings
Powered by Comment Script