Turkey and Chestnut Soup Recipe
The flavours of Christmas, namely turkey and chectnut, combined to create a delicious, warming Christmas soup.
- 1lb chestnuts
- 5 cups turkey stock
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 - 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unflavoured yogurt
- Cut a cross through the shell on one side of each of the chestnuts and either boil them in water for 10 minutes or roast them in a hot oven until they split.
- Remove the outer shells and the inner brown skins.
- Put the chestnuts in a saucepan with the turkey stock and mixed herbs and simmer for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- Fry the celery and onion in the oil until softened, then add the apples and cook gently until softened.
- Puree the chestnuts and bouillon in a blender with the celery, onion and apples, then return the mixture to the rinsed out saucepan.
- Add the seasoning and the lemon juice.
- Stir in the yogurt and reheat, but do not boil.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script