Tripe Soup Recipe
Tripe soup is a traditional recipe that uses the stomach linings of farm yard animals as the main ingredient.
- 1/2 lb tripe, washed and cut into tiny pieces
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- rasher bacon, diced
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint water
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- Put tripe, onion. parsnip and bacon into a saucepan.
- Add seasoning to taste and also the milk and water.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Skim well.
- Simmer slowly for 1 1/2 hours.
- Mix the flour with a little milk or water to a thin paste.
- Add it to the soup, and stir while it simmers for 5 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script