Tomato Bisque Recipe
A beautifully smooth tomato bisque that is fit for a special occasion or dinner party.
- 12 medium sized tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 pints milk
- 1/2 pint water
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan with the pepper and 1/2 pint water.
- Cover and cook over gentle heat until they become a soft pulp.
- Blend in a blender and return the puree to the saucepan and keep hot.
- Heat the milk.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, sprinkle in the flour and stir over a gentle heat until it is a smooth paste.
- Very gradually stir in the hot milk, being careful to keep the mixture smooth.
- Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the tomato puree and then pour the puree into the milk.
- Mix well and serve very hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script