Tomato and Orange Soup Recipe
A tomato soup which has the interesting addition of orange to enhance the flavour of the soup.
- 6 medium sized tomatoes, halved
- 1 potato, chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- sprig of basil
- 1 1/2 pints chicken bouillon
- juice half orange
- 1/4 pint single cream
- Put the tomatoes, potato, carrot, herbs and bouillon in a saucepan and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree in a blender.
- Return the soup to the pan and reheat, stirring in the orange juice and adjusting the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot, pouring a little cream into each dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script