St. Germain Soup Recipe
This recipe for St. Germaine soup is a very good way of using up chicken leftovers including the carcass.
- 1 quart chicken broth or chicken stock
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 turnip
- sprig of parsley
- sprig of thyme or small piece of lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons minced cooked chicken
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1/4 pint hot milk
- slice of ham
- Prepare the vegetables and slice them.
- Put them into a saucepan with the stock, parsley, thyme/or lemon rind and the ham cut in small pieces.
- Season according to taste.
- Bring to boiling point, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a basin and pour the hot milk on to them.
- Cut the boiled egg in slices, and remove the yolk, leaving the white in rings.
- Add the chicken and yolk of egg to the breadcrumbs and mix well together.
- Put this mixture into a saucepan and strain the stock into it.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg white, cut in small pieces, and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script