Spinach Soup Recipe
A simple and delicious soup packed with nutritious and tasty spinach - a very palatable way of eating your greens!
- 2 lb spinach
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 pints vegetable stock
- 1/2 pint milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 heaped tablespoon flour
- pinch of nutmeg
- Wash the spinach in several waters and remove the stalks.
- Put the spinach into a pan with just enough water to cover the bottom.
- Add the shredded onion and cook until tender.
- Drain and rub through a fine sieve.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Blend in the flour, add the stock, spinach pulp, milk, nutmeg and seasoning to taste.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve with croutons of fried bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script