Spinach and Tofu Soup Recipe
This is a recipe for a Chinese-style spinach and tofu soup that's packed with healthy and tasty ingredients.
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- small bunch of chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups tofu (bean curd), cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1/2 cup pine kernels
- 1 3/4 pints chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons conrflour/cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic and bean curd and fry until they are beginning to colour.
- Add the pine kernels and continue to cook until they turn a light golden brown.
- Add the stock, turmeric, coriander and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cornstarch with a little cold water and stir into the frying pan.
- Add the spinach and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add seasoning if required, stir in the chopped chives and garnish each serving with sprinkled chives if liked.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script