Spicy Apple Buns Recipe
Lovely little yeast buns, sticky on top and crammed with apple and spice.
- 1lb strong white flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2oz oatmeal
- 2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 peeled, cored, and finely chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons milk powder
- 1oz fresh yeast
- 2floz vegetable oil
- 7floz apple juice warmed
- runny honey for glaze
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt, oatmeal, spice, apple and milk powder.
- Mix the yeast with a little of the apple juice.
- Add the yeast mixture, the remaining apple juice and the oil to the dry ingredients.
- Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until elastic.
- Shape the mixture into 12 balls and place into a greased bun tin.
- Leave to prove until double in size.
- Bake at 190 degrees C. for 20 minutes.
- Glaze with runny honey whilst still warm.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 buns
Powered by Comment Script