Spiced Parsnip Soup Recipe
Spiced with curry powder, this is a satisfying and warming parsnip soup ideal for cold winter days.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 4 cups stock, hot
- seasoning to taste
- 1/4 cup cream light
- chives and parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions, parsnips and potato, stir lightly, cover and cook over low heat until the vegetables are slightly soft, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and cumin, cook for a few minutes, then pour in hot stock.
- Simmer till the vegetables are tender, puree in blender in several batches.
- Return to saucepan, season according to taste and if necessary dilute the soup with a little hot water (it should not be too thick).
- Serve with a little cream swirled into the soup, and garnish with chives and parsley.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script