Spiced Coriander Soup Recipe
A spicy soup flavoured with coriander, thickened with rice and enriched with cream.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons plain/all purpose flour
- 5 cups chicken stock, heated
- juice of half lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cream single
- 3/4 cup cooked rice, long or short grain
- 2 tablespoons coriander (Chinese parsley)
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and stir in ground coriander and cumin, cooking gently for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, blend in and return to heat, cook gently for 1 minute, then add the stock.
- Stir until blended and cook a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cream and the cooked rice.
- When the soup is heated through, add the coriander leaves and let it stand a minute before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script