Smoky Haddock Soup Recipe
A delicious fish soup that incoroprates the unique taste of smoked haddock.
- 1 cup smoked haddock, fillet
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups hot mashed potato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream, soured cream or natural fromage frais
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- seasoning to taste
- Put the fish, onion, garlic and water into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes until the fish is tender.
- Remove the fish from the pan.
- Strip off the skin and remove any bones.
- Flake the fish finely.
- Return the skin and bones to the cooking liquor and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain, discarding the skin and bones, and pour the liquor into a clean saucepan.
- Add the milk, flaked fish and seasoning to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in sufficient mashed potato to give a fairly thick consistency, then stir in the butter and sharpen to taste with lemon juice.
- Add the cream/soured cream/fromage frais and 3 tablespoons of the chopped parsley.
- Reheat gently and adjust the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script