Smoking Bishop Recipe
Smoking Bishop is almost synonymous with Christmas. At one time this was traditionally heated with a red hot poker.
- 6 Seville oranges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pints strong cheap red wine
- 1 bottle ruby port
- Bake the oranges in a medium oven for about 20 minutes.
- Stick cloves into the oranges.
- Put the now clove-stuck oranges into a large bowl.
- Pour the wine over them and add the sugar.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for 24 hours.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and mix it with the wine.
- Add the port and heat the mixture in a pan.
- Do not boil.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 25 hours
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Powered by Comment Script