Simple Fish Soup Recipe
Here is a simple recipe for fish soup which is basically a simplified version of the traditional Bouillabaisse soup.
- 2 - 3 fillets of your favourite fish, making sure all bones have been removed
- 2 medium sized onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium sized fresh tomatoes
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 1/2 pints fish stock (or use stock cubes)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- salt and black pepper to season
- glass of white wine to be added (if liked)
- Cut the fish into small pieces.
- Slice tomatoes and cook gently in a small saucepan until soft.
- Rub tomatoes through a sieve.
- Peel and chop the onions and shallot.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Put in the onions and shallot and fry until nicely browned.
- Add the pieces of fish, bay leaf, tomato, seasoning and lemon.
- Cover with the stock, add the wine and boil gently for ten minutes.
- Sprinkle in the parsley just before serving.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script