Seasonal Soup Recipe
A different vegetable soup to try that uses a variety of root vegetables and peas to deliver a sweet and fulfilling dish.
- 1 1/2 lb mixed root vegetables (carrot, rutabaga, turnip, potato)
- 2 onions
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pint water
- small packet of frozen peas
- 1 level tablespoon corn flour/starch
- Prepare the root vegetables and cut into small strips.
- Sauté the onions and prepared vegetables in the butter for 10 minutes, keeping the lid on and tossing the vegetables occasionally to prevent them sticking.
- Add the water and seasoning, bring to the boil and cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas and cook for further 3 minutes.
- Blend the corn flour/starch with 1/4 pint milk.
- Stir this into the soup, with the remaining milk.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script