Russian Vegetable Soup Recipe
A traditional soup recipe hailing from Russia that is full of plenty of vegetables to provide a hearty meal.
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- nutmeg to taste
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 small leek, washed and sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, washed and sliced
- Melt half the butter in a large saucepan.
- Sauté the vegetables gently, stirring occasionally, until the onion is transparent.
- Add the parsley, herbs, nutmeg and stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool before blending in a blender.
- Meanwhile, finely shred the leek and cabbage and saut� them in the remaining butter until just tender.
- Add the leek and cabbage to the blended soup and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add seasoning to taste.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script