Rice Cream Soup Recipe
A simple yet tasty soup thickened with ground rice and finished with a swirl of decadent cream.
- 2 pints vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- sprig of parsley and thyme
- a little lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons ground rice
- 1/2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- a little cream to garnish
- Put the stock in a saucepan.
- Add the bay leaf, parsley, thyme and lemon rind tied in a piece of muslin.
- Season to taste if necessary.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Remove the herbs.
- Mix the rice smoothly with the milk and pour into the stock.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Mix in the egg yolk, and stir 2 -3 tablespoons of the soup into this.
- Then pour it into the main saucepan.
- Add the chopped parsley and stir over slow heat for 5 minutes.
- Do not let it boil.
- Serve very hot and garnish with a swirl of cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script