Quick Vegetable Soup Recipe
A quick vegetable soup recipe that is packed with delicious and nutritous vegetables.
- 1/4 lb each of carrots, turnips, potatoes, onions and parsnips
- small bunch of herbs
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 pint milk
- 1 pint water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large tablespoon flour
- Prepare the vegetables, then grate them.
- Put them in a saucepan with the peppercorns, and herbs tied in muslin, milk and water.
- Boil gently until the vegetables are quite soft, about 15 minutes.
- Blend the butter with flour, add and stir while the soup simmers 5 minutes longer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script