Pumpkin Soup Recipe
A favourite American soup, particularly during Thanksgiving - if you are adventurous you could try and serve the soup in half a pumpkin shell.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 Spanish onion (chopped finely)
- 20 fluid oz chicken stock or vegetable stock
- small pumpkin peeled and cubed
- 20 fluid oz hot milk
- pinch of allspice
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a big saucepan and soften the onion in it.
- Add the stock and bring it to the boil.
- Add the pumpkin and simmer until tender.
- Allow to cool and put into a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and add the hot milk and all of the seasoning.
- Serve hot with the remaining butter stirred in at the last minute and garnished with the chopped parsley and croutons.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin Sultana Cake Recipe
Treacle Toffee Recipe
Treacle Toffee Recipe (2)
Powered by Comment Script