Potato Soup Recipe
Potato soup is probably the ultimate in economical soups yet also manages to be a real comfort food.
- 3 potatoes
- 1 pint milk
- 2 slices onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- a pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until soft.
- Rub the potatoes through a sieve.
- Scald the milk with the onion.
- Allow the milk to cool a little and remove the onion.
- Add the milk to the potato puree using a whisk.
- Melt half the butter and add the dry ingredients to this.
- Stir into the hot potato mixture.
- Boil for one minute.
- Add the rest of the butter and sprinkle with parsley.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script