Potato and Cider Soup Recipe
A traditional soup that cobines potato and cider, two flavours synonymous with the West of England.
- 2 medium sized onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups hard cider
- 5 cups beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 2/3 cup unflavoured yogurt
- chopped chives or fresh mint to garnish
- Put the onions, apples and potatoes in a saucepan and add the cider.
- Bring to the boil and cook briskly for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the bouillon, dried herbs and coriander.
- Cover and simmer for about 1 hour, until all the vegetables are very tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender or press through a coarse sieve.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in the yogurt, reserving 1 tablespoon for a garnish.
- Season and reheat.
- Serve with a little yogurt swirled into each bowl and sprinkled with chopped chives or fresh mint.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script