Potato and Chervil Soup Recipe
A creamy potato soup with a hint of aniseed from the chervil.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
- nutmeg to taste
- seasoning to taste
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chervil, fresh and cut with scissors
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Add the potatoes and cook very gently in the butter for 10 minutes until they begin to soften. Do not allow them to brown.
- Sprinkle them with a little seasoning and a grating of nutmeg.
- Pour in the water, cover the saucepan and let the potatoes simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Sieve or puree the potatoes in a blender.
- Return the puree to the rinsed pan.
- Add the milk, which has been brought to the boil in another pan.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, and before serving stir in the chervil and cream.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script