Potage Maigre Recipe
Potage Maigre is basically a peasant soup recipe that uses cheap and plentiful ingredients to provide a nutritious and filling dish.
- 1 quart of water
- medium sized cabbage washed and shredded
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 slice of bread, cut into small cubes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Boil the water in a saucepan.
- Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the potatoes.
- Add the vegetables and bread cubes.
- Season to taste.
- Boil for half an hour and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script