Pomander Gin Recipe
This drink gets its name from the fact that it uses both orange and cloves (which people used to make Pomander from). The flavour is intense and unusual.
- 1 large orange
- 12 cloves
- 1 bottle gin
- half a cup of sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Stick the cloves all over the orange.
- Put the orange into a wide necked glass bottle or jar which can be tightly closed.
- Add the half cup of sugar and pour in the gin.
- Screw on the lid.
- Put in a warm room for four days and agitate the container gently every day to dissolve the sugar.
- Leave in a dark cool room or cupboard for about twelve weeks.
- Strain and throw away the orange and the cloves.
- Make a solution with the 1 cup of sugar and the cup of water and add this to the gin.
- Pour into a clean bottle and screw on lid.
Prep Time: more than 12 weeks
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 1 bottle
Powered by Comment Script