Pea Soup Recipe
A recipe for classic pea soup, so substantial it can be used as a main course.
- 1/2 pint yellow split peas, prepared according to packet instructions
- 4 slices lean ham
- 6 ribs of celery
- 1 small carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 clove
- 2 pints well seasoned vegetable stock
- 1/2 pint hot milk
- Put prepared peas in a saucepan.
- Add the ham, onion with the clove stuck in it, celery and carrot cut in small pieces, and the stock.
- Bring to the boil, skim and boil gently until peas are soft; about 2 hours.
- Remove the onion and blend reminder in a blender.
- Return the soup to the saucepan.
- Add the hot milk, make very hot and serve with finely chopped mint.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 125 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script