Pea Shell Soup Recipe
A traditional way of using parts of the pea that would normally be discarded.
- 3lb pea shells from young peas, well washed
- 1 pint bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pint hot milk
- Put pea shells in a saucepan.
- Cover with boiling water and add the sugar.
- Boil until soft, for about an hour or so.
- Blend in a blender and puree.
- Put the puree into a saucepan with the onion and bouillon.
- Simmer until the onion is quite soft, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the hot milk and add a little finely chopped mint just before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 85 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script