Onion and Pepper Soup Recipe
A really simple yet delicious soup. Serve it as a starter or as a light meal with crusty garlic bread.
- 2 1/2 ozs butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 Spanish onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 3 medium tomatoes, skins removed and flesh chopped
- 5oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3oz grated cheddar
- Fry the onions gently in the butter for about 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock.
- Bring all the ingredients to the boil.
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Cook for another 15 minutes making sure the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Serve on its own of with crusty garlic bread.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script