Naan Bread Recipe
Naan bread is a lovely creamy, smooth textured, traditional bread that's makes a perfect accompaniment with a delicious curry.
- 1lb strong white bread flour
- 1lb white self-raising flour
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- approx. 2 sachets dried easy yeast
- approx. 1 pint warm water
- Put the flour and the yeast into a large basin.
- Add the yogurt.
- Stir in the water gradually to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Put the dough back into the basin and cover with a damp cloth.
- Leave in fridge for a few hours to allow the dough to rise.
- Divide the dough into equal pieces, depending on the size of naan bread you want.
- Shape the pieces into the typical naan shape with your hands, around 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Place on the bottom of the grill pan and prick all over with a fork.
- Brush the top with oil.
- Grill until golden brown.
- Turn over and repeat process.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Powered by Comment Script