Mushroom Soup Recipe
One of the most well know types of soup. Using different mushrooms can give this soup different flavours.
- 1lb (4 cups) button mushrooms, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- finely chopped parsley
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and garlic gently until they are transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft but do not brown.
- Add the stock and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season.
- Taste to check seasoning.
- Stir in a little chopped parsley.
- Reheat and serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script