Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
Classic curry soup (literal translation of mulligatawny is "pepper water"). Obviously if you want the soup hotter (or milder) adjust the curry powder accordingly.
- 1 onion
- 1 cooking apple
- 4 pints chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 carrot
- 2 heaped tablespoons flour
- Prepare the vegetables and chop very finely.
- Fry them gently in the butter and stir in the flour and curry powder.
- Add the finely chopped apple, the stock and the seasoning.
- Simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Blend if a smooth soup is required.
- Add cream just before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
this aint proper mulligatawny
#3 - Simone - 09/15/2010 - 19:07
Ditto to comment above, it would be nice when you advertise beef mulligatawny that you actually have beef in it
#2 - Samantha Marshall - 09/30/2009 - 07:29
Sorry. The mistake was in saying it was a beef soup. In fact classic mulligatawny soup doesn't have any meat in it.
#1 - James - 08/10/2008 - 05:23
Errr, 'classic beef curry soup' where's the beef ?
#0 - David Scott - 08/09/2008 - 16:06
Powered by Comment Script