Muesli Loaf Recipe
Muesli loaf is toast and cereal all in one! Enjoy this substantial bread at breakfast time with butter and marmalade.
- 1oz fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon clear honey
- 8floz warm milk
- 1lb plain wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2oz butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6oz muesli
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Stir the yeast and honey into the warm milk.
- Stir in 4oz of the flour and leave in a warm place until the mixture becomes frothy.
- Sift together the remaining flour and salt.
- Rub the butter into the flour mixture.
- Add the egg and yeast mixture to the flour and butter mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Leave in a warm place for about a 1 hour to rise.
- Put onto the lightly floured surface and knead the muesli into the dough.
- Shape the dough and put it into a well-greased 2lb loaf tin.
- Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Turn out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
Powered by Comment Script