Mock Hare Soup Recipe
The stuffing balls are probably the only things in this soup that are reminiscent of hare. However this does make a tasty and economical soup for cold winter evenings.
- 1/2 pint broad beans, shelled and cooked
- 1/2 cup red lentils, prepared as per packet instructions
- rib of celery, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 pints water
- 8 small stuffing balls
- Put celery, carrot and onions in a saucepan with the butter.
- Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, seasoning and water.
- Bring to the boil and add the drained lentils.
- Boil gently until lentils and beans are tender.
- Blend in a blender.
- Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil again.
- Fry the stuffing balls in a little oil until they are browned.
- Put them in the soup at the last minute.
- Serve hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script