Minestrone Soup Recipe
The very well know Italian soup that combines numerous ingredients to create a delicious and filling dish.
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 stalks of celery
- 4oz (1/2 cup) haricot beans
- half a small cabbage
- 1 tablespoon rice or 2 tablespoons pasta
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- pepper and salt
- 2 potatoes
- 4 pints vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare all the vegetables and dice them finely.
- Fry the onion gently for a few minutes in the olive oil, then add all the other vegetables.
- Stir and then add the stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the rice or pasta and continue to simmer until it is cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Yeah iv tried a simular recipe to this and it really works. For me anyway. I think if you are vegaterian or vegan then it is a good alternative. Very tasty, try it!!!!
#1 - dale - 11/25/2008 - 13:34
thank you, I finally have a recipe with just stock and no meat. When I prepare it, I will let you know about the flavor. It is for company from Romania.
#0 - Margaret Watson - 03/17/2008 - 20:12
Powered by Comment Script