Milk Rolls Recipe
A yeast recipe in the tradition of enriched bread. The enriching agents in this recipe are milk, egg and sugar.
- 1oz fresh yeast or 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 pint warm milk
- 4 tablespoons (2oz) butter
- 4 cups (1lb) strong plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix the yeast, sugar, egg and milk and leave for 10 minutes until frothy.
- Rub the butter into the flour and salt.
- Stir in the yeast mixture and mix to form a dough.
- Cover and leave to rise until doubled in size and springy to the touch.
- Knead again, shape into rolls and place them on a greased baking tray.
- Cover and leave to prove for 1 hour.
- Brush the tops with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 230oC/450oF/gas mark 8 for about 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 180 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 - 10 rolls
Powered by Comment Script