Macaroni and Tomato Soup Recipe
Pasta and tomato are always a very good marriage in any dish. Here, with the addition of Gruyere cheese, this soup is both unusual and extremely appetizing.
- 1/2 cup macaroni
- 8 medium sized tomatoes, sliced
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons grated Gruyere Cheese
- pinch of cayenne, if liked
- Put the macaroni in the stock and boil gently until it is cooked.
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan with the butter, and simmer until quite soft.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender and make into a puree.
- Stir the tomato puree into the macaroni soup.
- If required add the cayenne, and bring to the boil again.
- Put the cheese into a warmed bowl and pour in the almost boiling soup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script