Lentil Soup Recipe
A traditional and warming soup not just for vegetarians that makes an ideal lunchtime soup.
- 4oz (1/2 cup) red or brown lentils
- 2 pints chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 pint single cream
- salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds crushed
- 2 potatoes
- Peel and finely chop the onion and soften it in the olive oil over a low heat.
- Add the lentils, the peeled and chopped potatoes and the cumin seeds.
- Cook for a few minutes but do not allow to brown.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Cook gently for about 40 minutes.
- The mixture should reduce to a nice soupy consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Blend well and season.
- Stir in the cream and return to a gentle heat.
- Do not allow to boil.
- Serve hot sprinkled with finely chopped parsley.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Just add the garlic with the onion, not difficult :L and soften it too
#2 - Josh - 03/09/2011 - 10:44
how do you cook it? at what heat? do you boil it?
#1 - Bill - 12/09/2010 - 11:27
So, when / where do you add the garlic? And, how do you cook the garlic?
#0 - Marie Gilbert - 07/17/2010 - 13:57
Powered by Comment Script