Lentil and Lemon Soup Recipe
A smooth, filling soup with the added flavours of bacon and lemon.
- 8oz (1 cup) lentils, either canned or dried and soaked according to instructions on packet
- 6 cups water
- seasoning to taste
- 3 rashers (slices) streaky bacon, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Put the lentils into a pan with their soaking water (or the 6 cups).
- Add a large pinch of salt and pepper, and the diced bacon.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the lentils are soft.
- Add the potatoes, simmer for a further 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Mix well so that the potatoes thicken the soup.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Serve very hot.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 120 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script