Leek Puree Soup Recipe
Here is a smooth and versatile soup recipe that uses leeks as the main ingredient.
- 5 large leeks
- 1 large onion
- strip of white celery
- small bunch of fresh herbs
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon ground rice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cream
- yolks of 2 eggs
- Trim off the roots and outer leaves from the leeks and wash well.
- Wash the celery and peel the onion.
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
- Put them into a saucepan with the stock and herbs and simmer gently until quite tender.
- Place into blender and puree.
- Return puree to saucepan.
- Mix the rice with the milk.
- Add to the puree and stir while it boils for 5 minutes.
- Add seasoning if necessary.
- Stir in the cream, then take the pan off the stove and stir in the lightly beaten yolks of the eggs.
- Stir over very gentle heat for 3 -4 minutes but do not let it boil.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script