Leek and Pasta Soup Recipe
The unusual combination of leek and pasta goes into this tasty and filling soup. This recipe calls for the use of vermicelli which is a very fine, thin spaghetti but you can use any pasta you fancy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 pints chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vermicelli
- 1/4 pint single cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Fry the leeks until soft but not browned.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the vermicelli and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Season to taste, stir in the cream and reheat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 4 portions