Leek and Tomato Soup Recipe
An unusual combination of two classic soup vegetables.
- 4 large leeks, finely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 300ml water
- 300ml unflavoured yogurt
- Place the vegetables in a saucepan with the bay leaf and herbs.
- Add the water and simmer gently until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender or press through a coarse sieve.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in the yogurt and season to taste.
- Heat thoroughly, without boiling and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script