The caraway seeds impart an aniseed flavour into the gin and the sugar sweetens it. Candy sugar is an old fashioned form of sugar which was crystallized up pieces of string. This is probably not available now but special white coffee sugar would be a good substitute.
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons candy sugar
- 1 bottle of gin
- Pound the seeds and sugar together.
- Pour into the gin.
- Keep for 2 months.
- Shake well once every other day.
- Strain well and return to the bottle.
- The Kummel is now ready to drink.
Prep Time: 2 months plus
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 1 bottle