Julienne Soup Recipe
Julienne is a French word which describes a way of shredding or cutting vegetables finely. In this recipe an attractive soup is made out of vegetables cut in this way.
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 small teaspoon sugar
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small turnip
- small piece of white celery
- spring of tarragon
- 1 leek
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- heart of a small lettuce
- seasoning to taste
- Cut the carrot, turnip, leek, celery and onion into shreds (in the Julienne fashion).
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add vegetables and fry them until they are lightly browned.
- Bring the stock to the boil and pour it, boiling, upon the vegetables, stirring in the sugar and the seasoning to taste, if the bouillon is not already sufficiently seasoned.
- Cook gently, skimming it well.
- When the vegetables are tender, after about 15 minutes, add the heart of the lettuce and the tarragon, both finely shredded.
- Boil gently for 5 minutes and serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script