Jerusalem Artichoke Soup Recipe
This delicately flavoured soup made from Jerusalem artichokes makes a seasonal and unusual starter.
- 1 1/2lbs Jerusalem artichokes, scrubbed and peeled
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2oz butter
- 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
- 1/2 pint white wine
- salt and black pepper
- chopped parsley for decoration
- Put the lemon juice into a bowl of cold water.
- Cube the artichokes and put into the lemon water.
- Drain and dry the artichokes.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Soften the onion in the butter.
- Add the artichokes.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a low heat.
- Do not allow to brown.
- Add the stock and wine.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool and liquidise.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat and serve with a little parsley on top.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script