Japanese Miso Soup Recipe
A traditional and very popular soup from Japan. The base of the soup is a miso paste which is readily available from supermarkets. To this you can add your favourite ingredients.
- miso paste
- shitake mushrooms, sliced
- spring onion, chopped
- Follow the instructions on the miso paste packet to make the base.
- Heat the soup in a saucepan.
- Fry the mushrooms and spring onions in the butter in a frying pan.
- Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
- Add the mushrooms, spring onions and noodles to the soup and serve.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 portions