Irish Milk Soup Recipe
Basically a potato soup enriched with milk.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 pint water
- 1 pint milk
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Fry the onion, potatoes and celery until soft but not browned.
- Add the water and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blend in a blender, then return the soup to the pan with the milk.
- Season to taste and bring just to the boil before serving.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 - 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script