Irish Coffee Recipe
Not just a drink but a work of art. It takes practise to get the cream to float on the surface of the coffee. The generally recognised technique is to pour the cream over the back of a spoon onto the coffee. Some say warming the spoon helps but probably more important is the temperature of the coffee and making sure there is enough sugar in the coffee. If you want to cheat just whip the cream and it should then float without any problem.
- 1 jigger Irish whiskey
- 3 sugar cubes
- strong black coffee
- double cream
- a stemmed whiskey goblet or a handled tankard
- Heat the goblet or tankard by rinsing in hot water.
- Pour in the whiskey.
- Fill the container with black coffee to within 1 inch of the rim.
- Stir in the sugar cubes.
- Float the cream on the surface of the coffee.
- Do not stir any more as the whiskey flavoured coffee should be drunk through the cream.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: NA
Yield: 1 Irish whiskey
Also do you know if the temperature of the cream will effect outcomes? fridge or room temp.?