Iced Twists Recipe
Iced twists are a really indulgent iced bun decorated with cherries, angelica and nuts. Great with a cup of tea.
- 8oz strong plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1oz butter
- 1/2 oz fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 floz milk
- 1 egg
- 2oz sugar
- glace cherries, angelica and nuts
- icing sugar
- lemon juice or water
- Sift the flour and salt into a warm bowl.
- Melt the butter.
- Cream the yeast and the sugar together.
- Add the butter, yeast and warm milk to the flour and salt mix.
- Add the egg and sugar to the mix to form a dough.
- Knead thoroughly, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place for about 45 minutes to rise.
- Knead again and pull into a long strip.
- Divide into 3 pieces and plait together, tucking the ends under.
- Cover and leave in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Brush with a little beaten egg.
- Bake at 230 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Make icing with sieved icing sugar and lemon juice.
- When cold coat with a thin layer of icing.
- Sprinkle with cherries, angelica and nuts.
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: approx. 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script