Iced Tomato and Basil Soup Recipe
A refreshing chilled soup, best made with fresh tomatoes straight from the garden. The basil gives the soup a delicious herby taste and helps bring out the flavour of the tomatoes.
- 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, skinned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 pint chicken stock
- seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh soured cream, to garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Puree the tomatoes, onion, tomato puree and basil in a blender or food processor.
- Pass through a sieve into a medium saucepan, then stir in the stock and heat gently and skim surface of soup to remove any froth.
- Season to taste.
- Chill before serving and garnish with swirls of soured cream, if liked.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 portions
Powered by Comment Script